Troubleshooting paging on Active911 for iOS
Here's how to troubleshoot pages on your iPhone or iPad:
Make sure you have downloaded the Active911 app from the App Store and installed it on your device. You should have also registered your phone with Active911 by tapping "Settings" in the App and entering the Device Code you got from your Active911 account (Devices tab).
- In your phone, go to Settings and then Notification. Find Active911 in the list, and make sure that everything is turned ON.
- Log into your Active911 account and click on the Devices tab (Admins only). If you are not an administrator of the account, you should be able to find your device code by looking in the tab with your name on it, it will be listed under "My Devices."
- Find your phone in the list. Open it up and make sure "Page Type" is set to "iPhone/iPad App". Click Save.
- Click on the speech bubble icon. This will send a test message to your phone.
If you get the test message, your phone is connected to Active911 properly. If you did not get the test page,
- Open up the Active911 app and tap Settings at the bottom. Erase the registration code and tap Done.
- Re-enter the code listed next to your phone in the Devices tab of your account. Your device should re-register with active911. Remember, this code is unique to your device - if you share it, it will stop working!
- Try sending the test message (step 3 above)
Read more about other iOS applications.