iOS App Settings
Near the bottom right side of the screen is a gear icon. Selecting the gear icon will open the in-app settings menu.
- This is where the device code is entered to register the device with Active911 servers.
- Foreground GPS
- This will track the location of the device ONLY while the app is open.
- Background GPS
- When the Precise Accuracy or Reduced Accuracy Background GPS options are enabled, the app will track the location of the device while the app is open, running in the background, or completely closed.
- Precise Accuracy - The app will ping the device for its GPS location at a higher frequency, providing more accurate position updates for the device. This option has the potential to consume a lot of battery. It was designed for use with department devices on apparatus that have a constant power source. This setting isn't recommended for use with personal devices.
- Reduced Accuracy - The app will ping the device for its GPS location at a lesser frequency than the High Accuracy option, and position updates will be slightly less accurate. It was designed for use with department devices that don't have a constant power source. This setting isn't recommended for use with personal devices.
- Off - This will prevent the phone from being tracked while the app is running in the background or completely closed. This is the recommended setting for personal devices.
- Screen Timeout
- This setting determines how long your screen will stay on/unlocked without interacting with it.
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Change the background and accent colors of the app.
- Battalion Blue (Default)
This setting determines what mapping source the Active911 in-app mapping system uses for routing.
- Google - The routing provided in the Active911 in-app mapping system is provided by Google. We recommend using this option.
- Apple - The routing provided in the Active911 in-app mapping system is provided by Apple.
- Auto Routing
- This setting should be enabled by default. With it enabled, when you open the mapping for a specific alert, the mapping system will automatically provide routing between your current position and the location of the alert.
- Continuous Repaging
- When this option is enabled, and your device receives a new alert, the Active911 app will to continue to notify your device until the app is opened and alert is viewed. This option was designed for people who work in loud environments, heavy sleepers, etc.
- Override Silent
- Enabling this setting will cause each alert received by your device to utilize Apple's Critical Alerts feature (only for devices using iOS 12 or newer). The Critical Alerts functionality will audibly alert your device at max volume, using the ringtone you select in the Active911 app, no matter what volume/vibrate/do not disturb settings you have selected on your device. This allows you to mute less important notifications, but always receive notifications for Active911 alerts.
- Debug Logging
- When enabled, the app will collect information about the Active911 app on your device. Active911's development team can use the logs to help troubleshoot specific problems.
- Show Alerts For
- This setting determines how long alerts will be stored within the app, unless they are manually deleted. EX: If you have the 1 Day option selected, alerts that are older than one cay will automatically be deleted. The options available include:
- 1 Day
- 3 Days
- 1 Week
- 2 Weeks
- 1 Month
- All Time - We don't recommend using this option. Storing large amounts of old alerts in the app on your device can negatively impact the Active911 app's performance.
Agency Specific Settings
- Duty Status
- On Duty - The default is on duty. When On duty is selected, the device will receive alerts
- Off Duty - When Off duty is selected, the device will not receive any alerts unless a group is set to override shifts and filters or the device has filters set for certain calls to come through.
- Auto - When the device has a shift set from the roster by an admin, a device can be set to Auto follow the shift schedule.
- Off Duty but Available - When selected, you will only receive alerts when you are within 5 miles of the location of the alert.
- Select the ringtone for when an alert goes off on your phone.
- If your agency is setup to send alerts to pagegroups, you can manage the pagegroups your device is a part of. Chat groups mirror the selections you make for pagegroups. Some pagegroups are locked, and require the admin to add and remove devices.
- If your admin has created assignments, this is where you can manually select the assignment you are currently working. The selection you make will be visible to all the devices in your agency within the Personnel screen of the app.
- Chat Notifications
- The selection made for this setting will determine how the app notifies your device of new chat messages received for that agency. Your device will only receive notifications for chat groups it is a part of.
- None - Your device will receive chat messages, but your device won't be notified of new chat messages.
- Closed - Your device will receive notifications for new chat messages while the app is open in the foreground, open in the background, or completely closed on your phone.
- Open - Your device will only receive notifications for new chat messages while the app is open in the foreground of your phone.
- Clear Alerts
- Tap this button, and it will clear all the alerts off of your device. The alarms will still be in the alarms tab on the website.
Workflow For Sending Alerts
This workflow requires that your device has been assigned the Send Alerts capability by an admin of your agency.
There are two ways to access the Create Alert workflow:
- Within the Active911 app, select the paper and pencil icon near the top right of the screen.
- Within the in-app mapping system, press and hold with one finger on the map. A new menu appears at the bottom of the screen with an Alert option. The location of the alert automatically defaults to the location you committed the long press and hold on the map.