iOS App Settings
Near the bottom right side of the screen is a gear icon. Selecting the gear icon will open the in-app settings menu.
- This is where the device code is entered to register the device with Active911 servers.
- Foreground GPS
- This will track the location of the device ONLY while the app is open.
- Background GPS
- When the Precise Accuracy or Reduced Accuracy Background GPS options are enabled, the app will track the location of the device while the app is open, running in the background, or completely closed.
- Precise Accuracy - The app will ping the device for its GPS location at a higher frequency, providing more accurate position updates for the device. This option has the potential to consume a lot of battery. It was designed for use with department devices on apparatus that have a constant power source. This setting isn't recommended for use with personal devices.
- Reduced Accuracy - The app will ping the device for its GPS location at a lesser frequency than the High Accuracy option, and position updates will be slightly less accurate. It was designed for use with department devices that don't have a constant power source. This setting isn't recommended for use with personal devices.
- Off - This will prevent the phone from being tracked while the app is running in the background or completely closed. This is the recommended setting for personal devices.
- Screen Timeout
- This setting determines how long your screen will stay on/unlocked without interacting with it.
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Change the background and accent colors of the app.
- Battalion Blue (Default)
This setting determines what mapping source the Active911 in-app mapping system uses for routing.
- Google - The routing provided in the Active911 in-app mapping system is provided by Google. We recommend using this option.
- Apple - The routing provided in the Active911 in-app mapping system is provided by Apple.
- Auto Routing
- Turn on to get routing to the addresses of your alerts
- Continuous Repaging
- Turn on if you want to have a tone go off until you open the alert in the app.
Agency Specific Settings
- Duty Status
- On Duty - The default is on duty. When On duty is selected, the device will receive alerts
- Off Duty - When Off duty is selected, the device will not receive any alerts unless a group is set to override shifts and filters or the device has filters set for certain calls to come through.
- Auto - When the device has a shift set from the roster by an admin, a device can be set to Auto follow the shift schedule.
- Off Duty but Available - When selected, you will only receive alerts when you are within 5 miles of the location of the alert.
- Select the ringtone for when an alert goes off on your phone.
- If your agency has pagegroups set up, you can add or take yourself out of certain groups.
- Clear Alerts
- Tap this button, and it will clear all the alerts off of your device. The alarms will still be in the alarms tab on the website.
Sending an alert
If your administrator has granted you the capability to create and send new alerts, you can alert your agency right from your phone.
- Long press on a map to select a location.
- Tap Alert and edit the details You can also select recipient groups if your agency has set up Page groups.
- Tap Send. No matter what address you enter, we will map the alert to the place you tapped.
Alternately, you can send an alarm without using the map by tapping the "+" icon above the alarms list. If you do this, we will try to map the address you have typed in.