- 1 How do I get my device code?
- 2 What is the cost for Active911?
- 3 How do I pay for an Individual/Personal Subscription?
- 4 What is a Primary Account Contact?
- 5 What is the Difference between Foreground GPS and Background GPS?
- 6 How do I get a password reset?
- 7 What do I do if my Android device is not getting alerts or is showing disconnected?
How do I get my device code?
A: To recover your device ID, you will need to log in to the member access area. To do this, go to www.active911.com and click on the 'Member Access' link at the top of the page. Your username will be your email address; if you need your password reset, just leave the password field blank, and a new one will be emailed to you. This password link is a one-time-use link, so if you need a new one sent, just leave the password field blank again. Once logged in, you will be able to view and edit your device information, including your device code.
You can access a video with these instructions here.
What is the cost for Active911?
The only cost for the Active911 system is based off the number of devices. The standard rate is $12.75 per device per year. There are bulk discounts for agency subscriptions. A full breakdown of the rates is available at: Pricing.
How do I pay for an Individual/Personal Subscription?
In order to purchase a personal subscription, please go to Active911.com, to Login. Enter your email and password. If you do not have or know your password, leave the password field blank and select Go. This will send you a new password link to your email. Once logged in, you should see your device listed with a blue Fix Now for $12.75 button. If you see your device, but not the button, refresh the page.
What is a Primary Account Contact?
A Primary Account Contact is the primary administrator on an account. Since we allow an unlimited number of admins to be added to an account, we ask for one person to be identied to be notified of Agency Renewals and to send receipts to for check payments. For more information about this and how to become the Primary Account Contact, watch our YouTube video.
What is the Difference between Foreground GPS and Background GPS?
Foreground GPS is the default setting that enables your GPS location to be shared with other members when you are in the Active911 app. Background GPS enables others to see your location even when the app is not open on your phone. For more information on this, please visit our Blog.
How do I get a password reset?
To generate a new password, please go to our website, Active911.com. Go to the Login section. Enter your email as the user name and leave the password field blank. Select Go and a password reset email will be sent to the email address you provided.
What do I do if my Android device is not getting alerts or is showing disconnected?
First, you can try this quick trick within the Active911 app:
- Enter Active911 app > Menu > Settings > Connection to Active911
- Tap on Connection to Active911 5 times, until you see Renewing GCM Token
- Tap on Connection to Active911 3 times, until you see Reregistering with Active911
If that doesn't work, here are some other things you can try:
- Restarting your phone
- Check that the Do Not Disturb is off
- Re-enter your device code
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling the application
- Check any security applications you might be running to see if there are any restrictions enabled
If none of these help or if you would prefer to talk to work with someone directly, please contact support.