The information on this page is intended to help new users activate the Active911 app on their device (phone, tablet, PC, etc.) so that they can receive alerts for their department's calls.
What is a device code?
Each device (phone, tablet, PC, etc.) that is added to an Active911 account is generated a unique device code. A device code consists of a series of numbers, a hyphen (-), and a series of letters (EX: 123456-ABCD). The device code is used to register the app on the device so that Active911 knows where to send alerts for the device.
|Note: A device code can only be used with the Active911 app on one device at a time. If you enter a device code into the Active911 app on multiple devices, the Active911 app won't function properly on any of the devices.|
How to retrieve a device code
To activate the Active911 app and start receiving alerts requires a device code. iPhones and Android phones can retrieve their device codes via the following steps:
- Download the Active911 app from the app store
- Open the app
- Select the "Activate my device" option
- On the next screen, select the "Get my Device Code" link
- Enter the phone number of the device that needs to be activated
- If the phone number entered matches a device in our system, a text message will be sent to the phone number that contains the device code
- Enter the device code into the app
If you have problems with the steps listed above, please contact our support team directly for help. Learn more about how to contact us here.