The Windows PC app is now available for download by clicking the installer link below. You can install the Active911 Windows PC app on any
Click the link to download the Active911 Windows PC app installer on your computer: Active911 Windows PC App
- Download and install the Active911 Windows PC app on your computer.
- Check with your IT staff that port 5222 is open and allowed through firewalls in order to receive alerts and updates from other devices.
- Once installed, download and open the Active911 app and enter your device code. Your device code should be six numbers, a hyphen, and 4 capital letters. If you don't have this please contact your administrator.
- When your device code is entered correctly, the a map will appear with the call list on the left side.
Sending an alert
If your administrator has granted you the capability to create and send new alerts, you can alert your agency right from your Windows app.
- Right click on a map to select a location.
- Select Create Alert and edit the alert information. You can also select recipient groups if your agency has set up Page groups.
- Click Send.
Alternately, you can send an alarm without using the map by clicking Active911 on the menu bar and selecting Create Alert. If you do this, we will try to map the address you have typed in.
If you click Active911 on the menu bar in the app, and select Settings you have a Settings Window pop open with the following tabs: general, mapping, and agencies. Here is a break down of the three tabs:
- Active911 Connection
- Device Code
- -This is where you enter your device code.
- Connection to Active911
- -This shows your connection to Active911.
- Show Alerts For
- -You can select how long you would like alerts to show within the app.
- Measurement System
- -You can select if you would like to us the English or Metric measurment system
- -This is where you can choose how the app looks.
- Mapping Settings
- Default Map Style
- -Select the map style that you would like to use.
- Use default location?
- -You can set the default location where the app will open up on.
- Route to Call?
- -If you have Automatic checked, then you will have routing. Unchecked means you will not have routing.
- Map Marker Density
- -This option allows you to set the density of the map markers, so you can see more or less of map data points at a time. “None” makes all markers disappear. If you are in a rural area, set “Rural”. If you are in a city or have many markers, use “Urban”. The options are:
- -Dense Urban
- Map Marker Size
- -This slider allows you to set your desired size for map markers when viewing the map.
- Alert Tone
- -Select the ringtone you want to sound when a call comes through for your agency.
- Duty Status
- -The default is "on duty". When you have "on duty" selected, you will receive alerts. "Off duty" means you won't receive any alerts unless a group is set to override shifts and filters or if you have filters set for certain calls to come through. "Auto" means that your device will follow any shift schedule set on the website by the administrator. See Shift settings for more on Auto.
- Your Assignment
- -You can select your assignment if you have one here.
- -If your agency has pagegroups set up, you can add or take yourself out of certain groups.