Troubleshooting paging on Cadpage for Android
|Note: that only one phone works per device code - if you share your device code, your original phone or tablet will stop working!|
- Make sure you have downloaded the proper version of Cadpage and installed it according to the instructions
- In your Active911 account, click on the test button () next to your device.
If you get the test message, you are done. If you still don't get Active911 messages, even though you get the test pages, you probably set your shift or filters incorrectly - remove all shift and filter information from your device in the Devices tab of your account and try again.
If you are not receiving pages at all:
- In the settings for your Android, make sure Background Data is turned on.
- Try the test message again. If it still doesn't work, delete and re-install Cadpage according to these instructions.
Try the test message again. If it still doesn't work, your phone may be broken. If you have rooted the phone, try restoring it to factory condition and try again.
If pages work, but they are often late or are unreliable
- Launch Cadpage
- Open Settings
- Select Direct Paging Vendors
- Select Reconnect Direct Paging
That basically drops your connection to Active911 and reestablishes it. This has helped other people with persistent message drop or delay issues.