Run report options
A Run Report is a category of message sent by dispatch CAD software that contains extra information about an alert. By default, these Run Reports are delivered to you the same as any other alert. They are assigned a unique Active911 alert number, and response is tracked the same as any other alarm.
The downside of this approach is that high priority alarms will become confused with non critical run reports. We offer three options for handling these run reports:
- Delete the report, so it never shows up
- Update the original alert with any information contained in the report
- Pass through all reports as new alerts
Option #3 is the default behaviour.
|Note The Update option only works if your dispatch center is sending us a CAD number, and if your account setting What criteria determine what is a duplicate? is set to "CAD #". For more information, see the related article Duplicate alert options|
What to do
Log into your Active911 account and click on the Agency tab. Scroll to the bottom. Simply change the option as desired. If the option is grayed out or disabled, your account does not have the Edit Agency permissions - you'll need to contact the person that created your account and get this permission added.
You can update your run report handling preferences in the agency tab of your Active911 account. However, just setting your preference to "filter" doesn't mean your reports will automatically be filtered:
- In order for us to recognize a run report, it must be titled RUN REPORT.
- If your run reports are not titled RUN REPORT, contact us so that we can program this into our server for your agency
- If your run reports do not contain a CAD code or identifier that we can use to connect them with their associated alert, Append will not work.