The Active911 iOS app is available for free download in the Apple App Store. The first time you open the app, it will have a message with the instructions for getting everything set up, including a link to send in an application for your department to receive an account.
Make sure you have downloaded the Active911 app from the App Store and installed it on your device. You should have also registered your phone with Active911 by tapping "Settings" in the App and entering the Device Code you got from your Active911 account off the Devices tab or the Tab with your user name on it.
- In your phone, go to Settings and then Notification. Find Active911 in the list, and make sure that everything is turned ON.
- Log into your Active911 account and click on the Devices tab (Admins only). If you are not an administrator of the account, you should be able to find your device code by looking in the tab with your name on it, it will be listed under "My Devices."
- Find your phone in the list. Open it up and make sure "Page Type" is set to "iPhone/iPad App". Click Save.
- Click on the speech bubble icon. This will send a test message to your phone.
If you get the test message, your phone is connected to Active911 properly. If you did not get the test page,
- Open up the Active911 app and tap Settings at the bottom. Erase the registration code and tap Done.
- Re-enter the code listed next to your phone in the Devices tab of your account. Your device should re-register with Active911. Remember, this code is unique to your device - if you share it, it will stop working!
- Try sending the test message (step 3 above)
Sending an alert
If your administrator has granted you the capability to create and send new alerts, you can alert your agency right from your phone.
- Long press on a map to select a location.
- Tap Alert and edit the details You can also select recipient groups if your agency has set up Page groups.
- Tap Send. No matter what address you enter, we will map the alert to the place you tapped.
Alternately, you can send an alarm without using the map by tapping the "+" icon above the alarms list. If you do this, we will try to map the address you have typed in.
If you tap the Settings icon in the app, you can change the following:
- This is where you enter your device code.
- Enable GPS
- If this setting is ON, people in your department can see where you are located while the app is open.
- Map Markers
- Change the density of the map markers, so you can see more or less of map data points at a time. "None" makes all markers disappear. If you are in a rural area, set "Rural". If you are in a city or have many markers, use "Urban".
- Google / Apple - select your preferred mapping provider
- Duty Status
- The default is "on duty". When you have "on duty" selected, you will receive alerts. "Off duty" means you won't receive any alerts unless a group is set to override shifts and filters or if you have filters set for certain calls to come through. "Auto" means that your device will follow any shift schedule set on the website by the administrator. See Shift settings for more on Auto.
- Select the alert sound
- If your agency has pagegroups set up, you can add or take yourself out of certain groups.
- Clear all alerts
- Click this button, and it will clear all the alerts off of your device. The alarms will still be in the alarms tab on the website.