Adding a third-party integration
Obtain an Integration Code
The first step in adding a third party integration is to obtain an integration code from the third-party you are adding the integration for:
Go here to fill out a form Emergency Reporting needs to generate the code for your department. They will generate the code and give it to you.
If This Then That
1. Setup an account at https://ifttt.com/ ... I believe you can use their mobile apps or their website for setting up events and triggers.
2. Add the “webhooks” service and one other one to use as the action (email or sms are pretty good options for testing).
3. Within the webhooks service settings grab your unique ID (the last part of the URL).
4. Create a new IFTTT applet.
5. THIS will use webhooks... give the event a name like “Active911".
6. For the THAT (trigger) use the other service that you setup earlier (email or sms).
Now setup the integration in our web console:
1. Add new integration (the one called If This Then That)
2. for the new integration URL: “https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Active911/with/key/YOUR_ID_HERE” ... replacing your_id_here with the one from step 3 above
3. and then you can also specify pagegroups or leave it blank to be triggered by all alerts to your agency
Now if you send an alert via SMTP/SNPP you should see an event in IFTTT and it should trigger whatever action you set up for that event.
Add the integration to Active911
Once you have obtained an integration code, go to the Agency tab of the web console and scroll to the bottom to find the Integrations section:
Click on the Add button to add a new third-party integration:
In the dialog box, select the "Service" dropdown and choose the corresponding third-party as the service, and enter your integration code in the "CAD CODE" field that will appear:
Click Add, and check the Integrations section to verify that the integration has successfully been added to your agency:
You can edit the code directly from the Agency tab by clicking on the text box containing the code, or delete it by clicking on the "X" button next to the corresponding integration to be deleted.
What to expect after adding the integration
For every alert by default we are sending Narrative & Location data to ER if it is available. In your ER console, Active911 Alerts should start appearing and to verify that they match, check to see that the "Disp. #" in ER maps to the "Active911 #" in our system.
For the Narrative we send the alert timestamp and the normalized details text for the alert (Narrative Tab within ER).
For the Location we are sending Address, State, City, & CrossStreet if they are available (Basic Info Page 3 within ER).
Lastly, if we've setup the custom Run Report parsing for your agency there is a third set/type of data that we can forward on to ER if available. For Run Report Alerts we are sending apparatus names, event types, and datetimes (Basic Info page 4 within ER).