Active911 and Cadpage
Active911 has long supported Cadpage. Cadpage is an Android App that allows Active911 to push messages to your phone without using SMS. There is also a free Active911 app in Google Play, but for those that prefer to use Cadpage, the following instructions apply.
When you register an Android phone or tablet running Cadpage with Active911, that device will begin receiving pages from Active911 using a technology known as "Android Push" or "Direct Paging". This technology does not use SMS messages. Also, Cadpage is "sponsored" by Active911 when it is direct connected - meaning you don't need to directly pay for Cadpage.
What to do
- Go to Google Play on your phone, and search for "Cadpage". Download the full version and install it.
- You don't need to buy Cadpage - we will sponsor it for you once you connect it to Active911.
- In order to register an Android device running Cadpage with Active911, you will need to log into your Active911 account and add the device under your account's Devices tab. Make sure the Page Type is set to "Cadpage for Android".
- You will now see the device listed with an error symbol (). Hold your mouse over this symbol to see the registration code. Write it down.
- Finally, open up Cadpage on you mobile device, tap settings, tap Direct Paging Vendors, and select the option for Active911. Enter the code you wrote down press the register button.
As a final check, go back to your Active911 account and use the test button () to test paging functionality. If everything worked, you will get a page.